This is Cookie Crumbles’ kid-approved recipe and one that the whole family can get involved with in the prep. Roll up your sleeves and get messy!
Author: Cookie Crumbles
- 500g minced lamb, chicken or beef
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- plain flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- Put the meat into a bowl. Peel the onion and garlic and chop them into tiny pieces and place into the bowl with the meat. Mix well together. Add salt, egg and sauce to the meat mixture and mix well using a fork.
- Place some flour into a bowl. Take little handfuls of the mixture and roll into balls. Roll meat balls in the flour until well covered and set aside.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat. When oil is hot, carefully add the meatballs and fry for 3-4 minutes, slightly flattening them as they go into the pan. Turn over using a fork and cook for a further 5 minutes. When the patties are nicely browned all over remove from pan and place onto a plate.
- While you’re waiting for the hamburgers to cook, get all your favourite burger toppings ready to go onto the table. We love to top our burgers with slices of fresh tomato, lettuce and some sliced up pickles. What about you?
See more kid friendly recipes at www.cookiecrumbles.co.uk