A deliciously sugar-free, chocolatey treat, and if you freeze dollops of it in an ice cube tray it’s moreishly like fudge by Rachel de Thample
Sugar-free Nutty Spread
Author: Rachel de Thample
Serves: Serves 4
- 100g cashew nuts (soaked overnight)
- 5 dates
- A pinch of sea salt
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 tbsp water
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- A pinch of ground cinnamon
- Put the cashews, dates and a pinch of salt in a large lidded jar.
- Fill with water till they’re covered. Cover.
- Soak overnight.
- Drain the water.
- Blitz or pound the cashews and dates in a food processor, blender or pestle and mortar to a smoothish paste.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Blend till smooth. Taste.
- Whizz in more cocoa powder to up the chocolate factor, or more dates for sweetness.
- Tweak spice or a add a little salt, if needed.
- Keep at room temperature for a day or two or pop in the fridge for up to a week.
Overnight soaking for best results