Swapping spaghetti for courgetti offers a nutritious evening meal; Alice Davidson dishes up a quick mid-week recipe with healthy sprinkled all over it
Here’s Alice’s favourite and delicious, mid week recipe packed with goodness and flavour. Leftovers will serve up a tasty lunch the following day.
- • 4 large courgettes cut on a spiraliser or julienne peeler
- • 400g raw prawns
- 1 small red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ½tsp dried chilli flakes
- coconut oil
- lemon or lime to serve
- 150g of sun-dried tomatoes to serve
- pinch of fresh basil to decorate
- Large bunch of fresh basil
- ½ clove of garlic
- 40g of pine nuts
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil
- 60g Parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- To make the pesto, blend the basil, pine nuts, garlic and oil until you have a loose consistency. Season to taste with lemon juice, salt and pepper and finally stir through the Parmesan cheese.
- Using a spiraliser or juliennne peeler, make ribbons of courgette noodles to provide the base of the dish.
- Heat the frying pan adding a tsp of coconut oil and fry off the onion. Next add the prawns and chilli flakes until the prawns start to turn pink and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the courgette noodles for a couple of minutes and then stir through the pesto and prawns.
- Serve up in bowls, and top with sun-dried tomatoes, a pinch of basil and some fresh lemon or lime. You can also add more Parmesan at this stage.
See more of Alice’s healthy recipes at www.sipchewdo.com