With a little help from dad this recipe can be mixed and styled by kids for a delicious and fun Mother’s Day breakfast
Lemon & Vanilla Waffles
- 250g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Juice from half a lemon
- 440ml semi skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the baking powder, salt and sugar, and mix.
- Zest the lemon and add it to the mix along with the juice of half the lemon.
- Add the eggs and oil. Pour in the milk and whisk until smooth.
- Cook as per instructions on your waffle maker.
- My favourite toppings are fresh fruit, bacon, yoghurt, maple syrup and even ice cream with extra sprinkles!
By Sisley White, www.sewwhite.com