Strawberry Truffle Tart
- 400g bourbon biscuits
- 140g unsalted butter
- 200g dark chocolate
- 100g milk chocolate
- 250ml double cream
- 2 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 2 passion fruit
- 400g strawberries
- single cream to serve
- Wash and hull the strawberries and dry thoroughly.
- Blitz the biscuits in a blender until the resemble bread crumbs.
- Melt the 140g butter and add to the biscuits and mix together.
- Spoon the mix into a 20cm tart tin and press down to make the base and into corners to make the case.
- Pop it in to the fridge for 30 minutes while you make the truffle filling.
- In a pan warm up the double cream until it starts to lightly bubble. Do not let it boil.
- Break up the chocolate pieces and add to a bowl and add two tablespoons of butter.
- Pour the warm cream over the top and slowly mix together.
- Take the biscuit case out of the fridge and pour the truffle mix in.
- Stud the truffle with strawberries.
- Pop the tart back into the fridge and leave for at least 1 hour.
- When ready to serve drizzle the passion fruit over the top and serve with single cream.
Recipe by Sisley White,