Slice up some strawberries and whip up some balsamic vinegar water and mint for a delicious savoury recipe using strawberries by Sisley White
Strawberry & Balsamic Vinegar Herb Crust Chicken
Author: Sisley White
- 300g strawberries
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 5 mint leaves plus some for decoration
- 4 chicken breasts
- Dried oregano
- Dried thyme
- Slice the strawberries and add to a saucepan along with the balsamic vinegar, water and mint.
- Leave on a low heat for 10-15 minutes until the strawberries have softened and the liquid has thickened.
- While the strawberries are cooking heat up a little oil in a non-stick frying pan. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with the oregano and thyme and cook on a medium heat. The herbs will make a delicious crust.
- When the chicken is cooked, slice it into strips and drizzle the hot strawberry sauce over.
- Serve with either brown rice or grains, alternatively stir it into pasta or enjoy it cold in a salad.
For more juicy recipes by Sisley White visit www.sewwhite.com