Need a impressive but quick recipe? Pop pork in an oven and just add beer to impress all your foodie friends
Pop the pork in an oven and just add beer to impress even the unimpressable foodies
Beer-Cooked Pulled Pork Burgers
Author: Sisley White
- 1.5kg pork shoulder
- 1.3 litres of Wimbledon Brewery Tower SPA (4 bottles )
- 200ml water
- 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon of thyme
- salt and pepper
- Burger buns
- For the coleslaw
- 1 small red cabbage
- 1 red onion
- 2 carrots
- 1 red chilli
- fresh parsley
- half a teaspoon of salt
- juice from one lime
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- For the mayonnaise dressing
- 4 tablespoons of plain yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon of white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- Pop the pork in an oven safe pot with a lid or slow cooker pot fat side up and add the beer. Sprinkle the pork with the sugar, herbs and spices. Cook in the oven at 125 degrees for 6 hours. Or pop in the slow cooker on low for 10 hours or overnight.
- To make the coleslaw fine chop all the ingredients and add to a bowl. Add the chilli to taste. Sprinkle over the salt and drizzle with the lime juice, oil and balsamic vinegar. Give it a good stir.
- To make the mayonnaise mix all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Take the pulled pork out of the beer and pull it apart.
- Stack the burgers high with the pulled pork, coleslaw and mayonnaise and enjoy.