Everyone loves a gluten-free treat and as it’s National Chocolate Week why not try this delicious flapjack recipe?
Gluten-free Cranberry & Chocolate Flapjacks
Author: Sisley White
- 600g Gluten free oats work too (don't use instant porridge oats)
- 200g condensed milk
- 250g golden caster sugar
- 3tbsp heaped golden syrup
- 300g butter
- 150g dried cranberries
- half a teaspoon of ground ginger or mixed spice for more of a Christmassy taste and smell
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC and line 9 x 12 inch tin with greaseproof paper. It’s so much easier for getting them out.
- Add the butter, golden syrup, sugar and condensed milk to a saucepan and on a low heat melt together and keep stirring until all combined.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and cranberries.
- Spoon into the tin and level off.
- Cook for about 20 minutes until light golden brown.
- Cut them while they are still hot and leave to cool.
- A sweeter option - Melt 200g milk chocolate and dip the flapjacks in to the chocolate and leave to set.
For more recipes visit www.sewwhite.com