Surrey Superchef Steve Drake provides us with the perfect back-to-basics fluffy pancakes in preparation for Shrove Tuesday.
“I love pancakes and Shrove Tuesday is a great excuse to cook these delicious, fluffier style of pancake. Great with creme fraiche, maple syrup, blueberries and even a rasher of crispy bacon.
Rather than the traditional thin pancakes these are more of the thicker fluffier style with I prefer” – Steve Drake
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 whole eggs
- 50g buckwheat flour
- ½ tsp Bicarbonate of soda
- Chop the bananas and place in a jug with the whole eggs, buckwheat flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Using a hand blender, liquidise to form a batter
- In a non-stick pan, add a little oil, ladle the mix in to the pan on a medium heat, once lightly golden turn over and cook for a further 30 seconds.
- Stack on a warm plate with a little sprinkle of caster sugar in between.
- Please note that once the batter is made, for best results use immediately as it can discolour.