Food Philosopher Madeline Shaw shares with us a recipe from her up-coming book A Year of Beautiful Eating: tray-roasted cod with olives, smoked paprika and asparagus
“The asparagus soaks up all the beautiful flavours of this dish, teamed perfectly with the melt-in-your-mouth cod. This tray-bake dinner is super healthy and it will be on the table in no time.”
- 1½ tsp sweet smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 x 150g cod fillets
- 200ml fish or chicken stock
- 200g pitted green olives
- 2 tbsp capers
- bunch of asparagus, trimmed
- 3 tbsp avocado oil or melted butter
- 1 lemon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F gas mark 4.
- Mix the smoked paprika, garlic and a pinch of salt and pepper together and rub the mixture into the cod. Then pour the stock into a large roasting tray and scatter in the olives, capers and asparagus.
- Nestle the cod fillets among the veggies and pour the avocado oil over the fish. Thinly slice the lemon into 1cm slivers and place around the cod fillets.
- Sprinkle salt over the entire dish and bake for 15–20 minutes, until the asparagus and cod are cooked through.
- Serve hot.