In time for Coeliac Awareness Week, here’s a healthy breakfast recipe to help you kick-start your day.
Suitable for vegetarian, gluten-free, wheat-free, soy-free and egg-free individuals, this berry crisp recipe mimics those you can buy in shops – but without all the added sugar!
The oat topping can be made in advance and kept in an airtight container for one week.
- 15g desiccated coconut
- 2tbsp macadamia nuts, chopped
- 2tbsp cashew nuts, chopped
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 50g Nairn's gluten-free porridge oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp apple juice
- 60g fresh blueberries
- 60g fresh raspberries
- 75g strawberries, sliced
- 150g natural yoghurt
- Place the coconut, nuts, seeds and oats in a bowl. Sprinkle over the ground cinnamon. Pour in the apple juice and stir to combine.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan and add the oat mixture. Toast over a low heat for 5 minutes stirring frequently until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Mix the berries together in a small bowl.
- Sppon the berries into four glasses or bowls and top with a spoonful of yoghurt.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the top and serve
Recipe courtesy of Nairn’s