A delicious meal that can cater for all at a dinner party
Vegan Mushroom Linguine
- FOR THE SAUCE:
- 1 350g (12oz) pack silken tofu
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp soy sauce
- FOR THE MUSHROOMS
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 180g frozen peas
- juice of ½ a lemon
- FOR THE PASTA:
- 1tbsp fine sea salt or table salt
- 320g dried linguine
- To make the sauce, put the tofu, soy sauce and extra-virgin olive oil into a blender and blitz until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan or casserole dish, sauté the mushrooms over a medium/med-high heat for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile, for the pasta, bring 2 litres of water to the boil with the salt. Add the pasta to the boiling water, reduce to a low simmer, and cook until just below al dente (around 8-10 minutes). Drain and rinse with cold water to stop it cooking.
- Add the garlic to the mushrooms and peas and stir through until everything is hot. Pour the sauce all over and stir through thoroughly.
- Add the lemon juice and season with pepper to taste.
- Serve in warm bowls and enjoy.
Recipe by Michael Kitson. Read more of Michael’s recipes at www.discoverdelicious.org