An exotic burger to throw on the BBQ this summer, made with quinoa, avocado, nuts and prunes instead of meat
Avocado, Quinoa and California Prunes Burger
- 2 avocados
- 2 large cloves of garlic
- ½ glass of cashews
- 4-5 California Prunes
- 4 tbsp of cooked light quinoa
- ½ tsp of salt
- Fresh ground black pepper - depends on your taste
- A little bit of chilli
- 1 tbsp of soya sauce
- 3-4 tbsp of clarified butter
- Breadcrumbs (the best choice is spelt)
- To serve:
- Watercress / coriander
- Fresh tomato
- Chilli / black pepper / spices to taste
- 4-6 Round spelt buns
- Place the quinoa in a dry pot, add water in a 1:2 proportion and cook until the quinoa is soft.
- Chop the nuts and prunes, and put them in a frying pan with a tbsp of clarified butter. Add the salt, chilli and pepper.
- Peel the avocados, put into a bowl and smash with a fork. Add peeled and chopped garlic.
- Mix the nuts, prunes, quinoa, soya sauce, avocado and 3-4 tbsp of breadcrumbs together, then start to mould burgers with your hands.
- Put the burgers in breadcrumbs and fry with clarified butter.
- Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the pan, turn off the heat and place the halves of the buns in the pan. It should still be hot.
- Spread the bottom of the buns with yoghurt, pile on the tomato, burger, lettuce, radish and cucumber.
- Serve hot.
Recipe provided by www.californiaprunes.co.uk