A gluten-free, dairy-free, healthy vegan recipe to keep you going throughout the day.
- FOR THE FLAPJACK:
- 1 cup dates, pitted
- 1 cup prunes, pitted
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled
- 1 cup of maple syrup
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil
- 300g organic gluten-free oats
- ½ cup shelled hemp seeds
- FOR THE RASPBERRY LAYER
- 1 punnet of raspberries
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE TOPPING
- ½ cup cacao butter (melted)
- ½ cup cacao powder
- ½ cup maple syrup
- To make the flapjack layer, place the dates, prunes, coconut oil, maple syrup and bananas into a blender and blend into a mushy paste. In a bowl add the oats and hemp seeds and mix well, then add in the wet ingredients and mix together.
- Place into a lined baking tray and press down as you would flapjacks, then place in the fridge to set for 20 mins.
- Blend the raspberry and coconut oil, add to the flapjack base and return to the fridge for 20 mins.
- Finally mix the melted cacao butter with the cacao powder and maple syrup until it is all lovingly belnded. Add this on top of the raspberry layer and return to the fridge for a final 20 mins.
- Slice when ready. These will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 4 days.
Juliette Bryant is a nutritionalist, superfood chef and presenter who travels the world running workshops, talks and nutritional consultations.
For more information about nutritional consultations, workshops, talks, e-courses and other releases, pleast visit www.julietteskitchen.tv