A classic pub-snacking, lip-smacking favourite, M Bar & Grill share with us their delicious Wagyu Scotch Egg recipe.
- 300g Wagyu Mince
- 4 Whole Free Range Eggs
- 1 Small Brown Onion, Finely Diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, Chopped
- 1Tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 Tbsp Plain Flour
- 2 Whole Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Breadcrumbs
- Soft Boil 4 eggs at room temperature for 5 minutes. Chill in ice water before peeling and setting to one side until needed.
- Combine your mince, onion, garlic and paprika in a mixing bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Wrap the mince mix around your soft boiled eggs.
- Get your pane ready by having a plate of the flour, whisk your 2 remaining eggs on the second plate, add your breadcrumbs.
- Roll your scotch eggs in the flour first, than the egg and lastly the breadcrumbs. Set aside until ready to cook.
- Heat a small sauce pan with some vegetable oil and bring to 150 degrees before placing your eggs inside. Ensure you keep them moving so each side cooks evenly.
- We serve it in the restaurant with a Dijon and Mayonnaise sauce but you can enjoy it with anything.
M Bar & Grill in Twickenham is a new casual dining neighbourhood concept from founder Martin Williams, celebrity chef Michael Reid and rugby star Simon Shaw MBE.