We were all inspired to be healthier and find healthier lunchbox snacks for our kids after our interview with Annabel Karmel, MBE
Spiced Courgette, Pumpkin Seed and Chia Seed Muffins
Author: Annabel Karmel
Cuisine: Lunchbox treats
Serves: 12 muffins
- 50g courgette, grated (squeeze out a little of the moisture) 50g carrot, grated
- 2 small apples, peeled and grated (squeeze out a little of the moisture)
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 75g melted butter
- 150g flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 75g raisins
- 25g pumpkin seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C for a fan oven. Line a 12-hole muffin tray with muffin cases.
- Measure all of the ingredients except the pumpkin seeds and raisins into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk together using an electric hand whisk until combined, then stir in the raisins.
- Spoon into the cases; sprinkle the pumpkin seeds on top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until well risen, lightly golden and just firm in the middle.