Whether you’re celebrating a long-term relationship or looking for a fun Valentine’s Day date night idea, try ‘Cooking with Cupid’. The Valentine’s cookery class is available at the Avenue Cookery School in Wandsworth and you’ll be cooking and eating a three-course dinner, including treats such as this delicious cold lemon soufflé with a pistachio crumb.
- 3 large eggs
- 225g caster sugar
- 3 lemons
- 250ml double cream
- 1 sachet gelatine
- 75ml water
- Pistachios, blitzed to a crumb
- Pomegranate seeds
- Pour the water into a small saucepan and sprinkle the gelatine evenly over the surface. Leave to 'sponge' for a few minutes.
- Separate the eggs and place the yolks, sugar and grate lemon zest into a bowl.
- Beat with an electric whisk for several minutes until light, white and mousse-like.
- Warm the lemon juice, gradually pour onto the beaten egg mixture and continue whisking for another two minutes.
- Half whip the cream and fold this into the egg mixture.
- Pour the souffle into a glass bowl, or prepared individual souffle dishes.
- Put to chilll in the fridge
- Before serving, roll the sides in the pistachio crumb and decorate with pomegranate seeds and a caramel shard (optional).
Photo credit: Niki Vaghela